El 20/09/2017 a las 04:44, Elvis Stansvik escribió:

El 19/09/2017 a las 15:19, J Decker escribió:
you can just install the runtime redistributuable for 2015...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234
Unfortunately, that does not have the required ms-api-win-core* DLLs.  It is
something that changed with v8.0 of windows.  Elvis solution seems like it
should work.  I am awaiting an answer from my beta testers.
What I forgot to say is that you of course need the Universal CRT DLLs
available somewhere on your build system where the CMake code behind
CMAKE_INSTALL_UCRT_LIBRARIES will find them.
Thanks, Elvis. That helps. I was able to get a Win64 build running on my Win7 (sans SP1) box once all the api-ms-win-core* packages were disted. The Win32 build of my program cannot start with an api-ms-win-core-crt-*.dll error.

However since then I read that those api DLLs are not part of the Microsoft Runtime and as such cannot legally be disted and they shouldn't in any case for technical reasons (Microsoft might want to change them from version to version).

I am now trying to get a Windows7 SP1 box for myself to try further.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño