How to get RPATH option (-Wl,-rpath,/path/to/local/lib) ?

I would like to create a *.pc/cmake file for users to find a library I provide.
As there is possibly a LOT of dependencies (libraries) I may not even be able
to list, the most simple way to do that is to use RPATH. I know that for gcc,
RPATH is set with "-Wl,-rpath". But what about others compilers (pgi, icc) ?
This option could not be the same.

Is it possible to "grab" the correct RPATH option (-Wl,-rpath) according to the
compiler ? Something like a CMAKE_RPATH_OPTIONS to substitute in a
*.pc/cmake.in template file ? (to create a *.pc/cmake file in the install
directory using configure_file)

Franck