​Well, sounds like a reasonably sized C++ project :-)

On a more serious note: Are you aware of so called Superbuilds? This is a
term that is used quite often in the context of large CMake based
dependency builds. Speaking from personal experience, I've found that
Superbuild projects do scale quite well and managing a large set of
(external) thirdparty dependencies is usually not as bad as it might look.

Greetings,

Kai Wolf
<http://kai-wolf.me/> <http://kai-wolf.me/> <http://kai-wolf.me/>