I have managed to get CMake 3.11.0 to build by hacking the CLang-CXX file to
specify -std=c++1y instead of 1z.  With 1z the __cplusplus define is set to a
2017 date such that the CMake code presumes the existence of std::size, which
isn’t actually defined in the headers I have (presumably because the system gcc
is 5.4.0, circa C++14).

Is there a proper way to specify the -std= to use when running the cmake
bootstrap or make?