Check out Hunter package manager: https://github.com/ruslo/hunter

Regards,
Dvir

From: CMake <cmake-boun...@cmake.org> On Behalf Of Saad Khattak
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 02:06
To: Cmake Mailing List <cmake@cmake.org>
Subject: [Digital Signature Failure] [CMake] FetchContent and multiple CMake
projects

Hi,

I have many independent CMake projects and most projects have external
dependencies. Most of the projects have the same dependency e.g. Catch testing
library.

Each library uses FetchContent so that it can be built independently by simply
cloning its github repository, configuring and generating through CMake and
then building. However, I would also like the ability for these projects to
share the same dependency to save disk space (and compile time) if they detect
that another project already has done FetchContent on a particular dependency.

Again, note that all projects are independent where their own repositories.

------------------------------------------ EXAMPLE
To illustrate the setup: I have LibA, LibB, LibC, LibD, LibE etc. where each
may have a dependency that is found to be the same. So, when LibA is the only
one that is cloned, it uses FetchContent to clone the dependencies, build them,
install them and the test executable linked to the dependencies properly.

Now LibB is cloned and it has some dependencies that LibA doesn't have but
other dependencies that LibA 'does' use. Assuming LibA is already built
successfully, I would like LibB to rely on LibA's dependencies, if found,
otherwise LibB clones, generates and builds its own dependencies.

It is also possible that LibA was never cloned/built and thus LibB must
clone/generate/build all dependencies.

To solve this issue, I am using a combination of find_package(...) and
FetchContent, however the whole setup is starting to show cracks, is fragile
and difficult to test and maintain. So now I am wondering whether there is a
better way to about solving the issue.

Thank you,
Saad