Hi,

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 08:35:31PM -0400, cmake-requ...@cmake.org wrote:
> Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 08:11:13 +0800
> From: Shawn G <shawn0...@gmail.com>

>  Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3
> running raspbian stretch.
> I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get
> install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
> The error message:
> " Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "

# apt-cache policy cmake
cmake:
  Installed: 3.7.2-1
  Candidate: 3.7.2-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.7.2-1 500
        500 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

(possibly your /etc/apt/sources* setup does not have
working/updated info for stretch/main repo?)

HTH,

Andreas Mohr

--
Das "S" in "IoT" steht für "Security"