Dear Chris,

you have several ways to cope with that.
First, you should write a MyLogConfig.cmake-File [2], which imports your static library as import library [1] and sets the include path. The same file also defines the dependency on pthread via target_link_library. Your project with the executable then uses find_package(MyLog ) to insert the library into the project.

The second way uses the install(Export ...) directive to create export files. These files contain the transitivie dependencies and the include paths at once. In this case, your executable project has to use the export-File via find_file / input.

Hope that helps a little bit,
Andreas

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.5/command/add_library.html
[2] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-packages.7.html