We are using cmake for our project and recently discovered that the
generated Makefiles do not seem to work correctly with the '--question' or
'-q' option. They always exit with return code '1' even if there are no
changes which would require rebuilding anything. I am not sure if this is
an issue with our CmakeLists.txt files or *.cmake files or a general issue
with cmake. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this is an answered question, I tried really hard to search
the archives, but searching for "--question" is futile, as the searches
return pretty much every question.