The IOS_INSTALL_COMBINED
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/prop_tgt/IOS_INSTALL_COMBINED.html> target
property allows you to create fat binaries, but only at install time. To
use this feature, set your CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT to iphoneos and the simulator
slice will be built and added to the fat binary for you automatically
during the install step. If you require fat binaries at build time, that
could be much more challenging.

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

New book released: Professional CMake: A Practical Guide
<https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/>