Am 05.12.18 um 14:37 schrieb Kim Walisch:
OK thanks, I have created a new issue at:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/18686

Greetings,
Kim

Thanks, great.

Best regards,
Deniz

PS: Next time better answer to the mailing-list. ;-) This is probably interesting for others that read your first email on the list, too.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Deniz Bahadir <dbaha...@benocs.com <mailto:dbaha...@benocs.com>> wrote:

    Am 05.12.18 um 13:40 schrieb Kim Walisch:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I have realized that my C++ primesieve project
     > (https://github.com/kimwalisch/primesieve) is
     > compiled using -std=gnu++11 with GCC 7.3 and CMake 3.10 (on
    Ubuntu 18.10
     > x64) even
     > though the default C++ version used by GCC 7.3 is C++14 as
    checked below:

     > $ g++ -dM -E -x c++  /dev/null | grep -F __cplusplus
     > #define __cplusplus 201402L
     >
     > Note that I have not set CXX_STANDARD manually in my
    CMakeLists.txt so I
     > was expecting
     > that my project would be compiled either with -std=gnu++14 or
    without
     > any C++ version flag.
     > I spent some time investigating where the -std=gnu++11 flag comes
    from
     > and I found that it is
     > related to the use of target_compile_features():
     >
     > target_compile_features(primesieve PRIVATE cxx_auto_type)
     >
     > This code tells the compiler that my program uses features from
    C++11
     > and that the compiler
     > should enable C++11 if the default C++ version of the compiler is
    e.g.
     > C++98. I would
     > however expect that if the default C++ version of the compiler is >
     > C++11 CMake would not
     > add -std=gnu++11 to the compiler flags.
     >
     > For me this is a CMake bug.
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Kim Walisch

    Hi Kim,

    this does indeed sound like some unwanted behavior.

    I recommend you open an issue in CMake's issue-tracker
    (https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues) and copy your
    email-content there.

    Best regards,
    Deniz Bahadir