I use qt + google test to run tests in my build environment.

The problem I have, is in some (most) of my unit test directories, there will
be multiple test executables created, all dependent on the same output file
from the add_resources step.

Typically its something like

qt_add_resource( resourceVar resource.qrc )

add_executable( test1 test1main.cpp ${resourceVar} )
add_executable( test2 test2main.cpp ${resourceVar} )

On windows (running the build from cmake through visual studio with parallel
building turned on) this sometimes (1 out of 20 or 30 builds or so) causes a
race condition, where the dependency on the qrc_resource.cpp is attempted to be
generated by both executable dependencies at once.

Not sure what is going on, but wondering if there was any advice out there for
this problem

Scott