hello,

I want to use CMake as my primary build system. At some point I would like to take advantage of the tools provided by IDEs, such as stepping through code.

I know I can use CMake to generate an eclipse project, or use Eclipse to generate a CMake project. My doubt is whether these options are merely meant for import purposes or can these be used in parallel, i.e., switching between my CMake project and Eclipse back and forth.

I was reading about /*launch.json*/ files and it seems that these can be used to launch any application with it.

please advice,

thank you