On Tue, 2019-02-12 at 16:19 -0800, Michael Ellery wrote:
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/release/3.12.html
>  says that target_link_libraries got OBJECT in 3.12 - is that what
> you had in mind?

Aha!  Of course, we're using the most recent 3.11 version.  Isn't it
always the way it goes?

OK I'll test with a newer version of CMake and see if I can get things
to work.

It would be great if anyone knows of a way to force a library to be
listed "last" (or near the end anyway) of an executable link line
regardless of dependency information described by
target_link_libraries() (when using modern CMake methods).

If I could do that I could avoid needing the OBJECT library in the
first place and just use a STATIC library.