Hi,

can you reproduce my observations ? I'm I doing something wrong or is there indeed an issue with CMake ? Should I follow up with a bug report ?

Thanks,

On 2019-10-04 2:20 p.m., stefan wrote:

On 2019-10-03 5:24 p.m., Kyle Edwards wrote:
On Thu, 2019-10-03 at 17:08 -0400, stefan wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to do, but it doesn't seem to
have any effect. That is, `dpkg --info ...` doesn't list the
additional dependency, and correspondingly, running `apt-get install
...` on the component package file will install the package without
first installing the prerequisite component.
Consider this declaration:
   set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL runtime development mstool)
If I now write
   set(CPACK_COMPONENT_DEVELOPMENT_DEPENDS runtime)
I will see no effect. That is, the "development" package still does
not depend on the "runtime" package.
So I try this:
   set(CPACK_COMPONENT_DEVELOPMENT_DEPENDS RUNTIME)
in case capitalization is required. Now the "runtime" component seems
to get packaged twice (as per the cmake logs), but still no correct
dependencies.
Is it time for a bug report ?
Please send us a minimal CMakeLists.txt that reproduces the issue.

Sure. Here it is. The relevant line part is line 5. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Stefan

Stefan