March of 2006 my kidneys finally gave out - Polycystic Kidney Disease - and I began peritoneal dialysis at home.  I'm a RN and my nephrologist told me in March of 2006 to have a shunt placed for hemodialysis, never mentioning the alternative treatment - peritoneal dialysis.    Anyway, in November of 2007 my brother gave me a kidney, working very well, thank God.   I began Medicare coverage March 2007.   It is not my primary but the company which is my primary required I apply.  So I have Medicare and don't even  need it.  ::Shrugs::

September 2008 I was diagnosed with CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia), have been on Gleevac 400 daily ever since.   Doing well, Labs every week per my Kidney Transplant Doctor and the CBC is shared with my hematologist.   They draw the FISH etc.
-------------- Original message from Catlubr <tigerlv...@cox.net>: --------------