I years ago set up a process to mirror the Marist pipelines site, which
might be easily adaptable to your situation.  It uses ftp as transport, and
sets the timestamp of the local files to match the source.
Send me a note off-list if you're interested.
--
Mike Harding
z/VM System Support

mhard...@us.ibm.com