On 2 March 2018, 17:35:07 -0700, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

> Someone commented on another list that he moved recent CMS pipelines to z/OS
> and it simply worked.  Astonishing!  He must at least have re-linked it.  I'm
> still skeptical.

That used to be possible (and documented) some 30 years ago. If someone has
skills and passion to do that, I would be interested to work with him...

Even apart from potential legal aspects, there are technical complications.
The z/OS-specific parts are not distributed with z/VM. Closest you get on z/OS
is the plumbing in BatchPipes that is 20 years old, like before z/VM 6.4.

There was a service offering for CMS/TSO Pipelines on z/OS. Some of my z/OS
brethren have access to the version I maintain, similar to what is in z/VM 6.4
today plus any z/OS specifics that were done by the Piper. Any new function we
develop will not get into z/OS unless we allocate resources to do so.

Sir Rob the Plumber