Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 2:26 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List List Problems

Bummer.  A friend of mine (and of my family) is actually the guy who
invented Yahoo email, so I've been there for nearly 20 years.  The
company was originally called RocketMail.com, and he sold it to Yahoo
and now lives on his own private island and is totally diversified and
not involved with operations.  I use them for web hosting and email, but
do pay an extremely low fee for my own domain name, which seems to avoid
a lot of problems.

Hotmail is owned by Microsoft.  BellSouth is, well, the phone company.

Gmail seems to be a preferred 'free' email source these days, but I'm
sure in a few years they'll get stuck in the mud.

Wal

Stu wrote:
Yahoo initiated a terrible policy change to their mail servers recently that impacts every single mailing list software in use. If any Yahoo.com user posts to your list, they will cause those list members are using Hotmail, Gmail, Bellsouth, etc to bounce the poster's message which can in turn cause the list to remove these members from the list for excessive bounces. The problem is with Yahoo.