One of the listers posted this tip: place a piece of line (3/8 or so) right along the toe rail, in the part where the water stands - maybe about two feet long and then have another foot or so threaded through the slot/hole in the toe rail and hanging over the side. It will wick the water out and flush it overboard. Trust me, it works! Some people use sponges stuffed through the slots and hanging over.

Gary
30-1 with hanging water drippers

----- Original Message ----- From: "via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:52 PM
Subject: Stus-List Standing water on deck

Hi all,

I just recently bought a C&C 33 Mk II and have noticed that I have standing water around the aft part of the toerail for several days after a rainfall.

I was thinking of putting a notch in the toerail to help it drain (at least most of it) or perhaps a little 90 degree scupper from the deck to the hull. Or am i better off just to leave well enough alone?

Thanks,
Mike
Atacama, Toronto