To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 1:37 PM
Subject: Stus-List Inboard drive question

Spent all day Sunday working on the boat - cleaning up the coolant mess, installing cabin cushions, putting everything away.

Went for a short buzz out of the cove (now have boat at a dock in Deep Cove, Mahone Bay, to see how the sailing is). My tach is not working (another job) - so I don't have specific details - but there seems to be a lot of vibration when I start increasing the throttle. Moving along slowly (~3kts) there is some vibration, but not bad. But above 1/2 (I'm totally guessing because I've not had the guts to drive it up to full throttle yet) more vibration. at 5.5kts it feels like a lot to me. I did climb down earlier and look at the shaft spinning - I can see it oscillating maybe 1/2 inch. Is that normal? A problem with the prop (Martec folding prop - original as far as I know -- didn't see excessively loose when I had the boat on the hard)? Or maybe a problem with the prop shaft?
I'd rather not kill the season pulling the prop shaft out now.

Any thoughts?

Mark

CS 30 Prosecco

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana