And they are fine boats, one of the stiffest that C&C ever built - perform
well. I'm still pleased after 20 years of ownership.

Gary
Maryland
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron and Sharon via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:00 PM
  Subject: Stus-List C&C 30 mk1 rudder design

  Good morning,
  This is my first entry on the cnc-list. I have 40 yrs. of sailing experiece;
mostly on Petersons.
  I am presently without a boat and have been looking at older C&C 30 mk1's
(1973-75).
  There are several for sale in my area; asking price about $16,000.
  They seem to be well built and in good structural cond. Most have diesel
engines.
  My only real concern is the rudder design (swept back, scimitar shaped).
  Does this design cause excessive tiller pressure when reaching in heavy air?
  How is it for steering when backing into a marina?
  I see that in 1976 they redesigned the rudder. I have not seen a decent
1976-78 mk1 for sale in my area yet.
  Do you think I should forget the 1973-75's and wait for a 1976 or later one?
  I am looking at boats in this era because they are affordable to me.

  Thanks for any replies.

  Ron
  Nanaimo, BC, Canada