Andy,

Yup.

I just helped a buddy bring his J120 from Annapolis to NEB for the upcoming
Newport-Bermuda race and I’m pretty sure that the mast being bolted to the shoe
was not done. Not sure anymore if it is even required. In theory it seems like
a good idea but in the real world, probably not so much.

Cheers,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit

(meant to send this to the list but apparently hit Reply as opposed to Reply
All..)