From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Eric Frank
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 9:18 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List E7 chartplotter reboots when I start the engine

   My new E7 Raymarine chartplotter reboots when I start the engine (a Perkins
diesel).  Cat's Paw's batteries are quite new, fully charged, and hold their
charge well.  But obviously the voltage drops when cranking the engine.  None
of my other electronics is affected this way, including an old CP 150 Standard
Horizon and a 2007 CP300 chartplotter.  Apparently the E7 demands a higher
voltage to keep from crashing.
    Best way to deal with this?  Others must have a similar problem.  I could
put a small rechargable battery just before the panel switch to the E7 with a
diode to the main battery, so it is kept charged but maintains enough voltage
to the E7 when the main voltage drops.  But I bet there is a better solution.
Suggestions welcome!

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II