On the subject of partnerships; Does anyone have any experience with some
sort of limited partnership.

Here is my situation:
30 MKII, in very nice but not perfect shape.
Well equipped for weekends and short cruises.  Basic electronics and older
sails.
I don't race, the sails are decent but to race competitively would require
$eriou$ upgrades.
I work almost every weekend and holiday.
I'm limited in my summer vacation time.
I have my own mooring so I simply pay for dinghy storage/access at a marina
in the summer.
Winter haul out/storage is very reasonable and I do ALL my own maintanence
and repairs.
The boat is financed/insured.

I'm on my boat every tues/wed/thurs and end up using it about three or four
weekends a year.  One for my spring cruise and one for my fall cruise.

I have often considered a partner or putting the boat out for charter to
help cover costs as I'm never on it during the weekend.

As the boat is financed, it would seem wise to keep it in my name and find
someone who would contribute marina fees and use the boat darn near any
weekend they choose.  Maybe just keep it on a year to year basis, sort of
like a lease?

$2K per year would most of the marina/storage fees and I don't plan on any
major upgrades.

Or would that create more problems than it would solve?

Rob