When I blew my diodes, the engine controls charging light came on...

The guy I bought my alternator from is still on Ebay  Just search for
Yanmar  3GM30 Alternator on eBay.  He's selling them for $120.00 free
shipping for a 55 or 60 amp brand new fully insulated Hitachi.  I think
Hitachi is the OEM for Yanmar as it looked perfectly identical to the
$700.00 Yanmar piece except for the fan behind the pulley.  The Yanmar is
solid, the Hitachi has the traditional fan blades.

All the connections and mounting are identical, it's a 30 minutes plug and
play affair to install.

-Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia