Danny,

I think you would find everything you are looking for in a 38 Landfall -except
the swim platform. And as the long term owner of a regular 38, I'm happy with a
swim ladder off the transom.

There is a very nice Landfall in my area that has just been reduced in price -
to $27k. I was aboard her a couple of months ago to take a look for a friend
who is boat shopping. This isn't a fixer upper. From what I saw, she could be
taken to the Bahamas with just a bit of cleanup and a couple of practice sails
to get familiar with the systems and make sure the maintenance was up to date.

She won't sail quite as well as your Viking 33 or my 38, or the 37 someone
mentioned. But the build quality and the sailing qualities will be head and
shoulders above the Jeanneu you mentioned.

And I know someone who would be glad to help you sail her back up the East
Coast.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980/C%26C-Landfall-38-2498473/Washington/NC/United-States#.U_N-qmK9KK0

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad