Jake,

I’m following the discussion about the rudder bearings because it’s on my list
of repair items for this coming year. Right now I have the dreaded wear problem
in my rudder tube (clunk!) and need to tighten it up. So my question is this:
Is your’s stock and tight or did you put a bearing in? My sense is that a
bearing will not work with our style rudders but I was interested in the link
to the Jefa bearing. A friend of mine here had to redo the rudder bearings in
his J40 and the Jefa bearings were the go-to choice.

Just curious on yours and other lister’s experiences.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay