I cruise and race a 34+ (AKA 34/36, 36XL, 34/36 XL)

 Due to it's relatively new design, it's very roomy for it's size: King
 size berth in the aft stateroom, + normal person sized twin bed in the
 salon + normal person sized v_berth + separate shower stall.  And so far,
 it's a killer around the cans.   We have raced it a few times and when we
 have our act together we leave the cruiser fleet behind and make the sport
 boats guys wonder what happened...

 As an additional point, 2 races into it the lake PHRF committee was at my
 dock double checking my measurements to make sure I wasn't cheating :-)

 No cheating, I did install a 2 bladed Martec folder and my bottom was
 stripped down / painted with 3 coats of Trinidad Pro / wet sanded with 320
 grit paper / burnished with a bronze wool fitted to a high speed buffer.
 My sails are original "Cast Iron Heavy" Haarstick Dacron from 1990 but
 they have not been used much have a good shape according to the loft.
 They are not fancy plastic sails like most of my competitors use.

 Compared to the LF 38, The 34+ has a longer waterline, is about 4000 lbs
 lighter, and has a bigger sail area..  Being high power / relatively low
 weight it's more work to sail and a bit tender but it's a hoot to sail.

 If you want comfy / less work / less fiddling with multiple adjustment the
 LF makes sense.  If you want a surprisingly comfortable racer / cruiser
 the 34+ series are hard to beat,  being pretty light it's great in light
 air and "almost sport boat" maneuverable.

 Tomatoes / Tomahtoes  :-)

 Good Luck.

 Best regards,

 -Francois