From: Michael Brown via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 11:25 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List c and c 29-2 mast cap

Ouch! The club here has two smaller fixed cranes and a "pole cat" - a used
utility truck with a
boom arm. The smallest fixed crane will do masts easily up to 30 - 32' boats.
All are available
for free with volunteers operating the pole cat.

For haul out the club hires in two large cranes. So we get the masts unstepped
and stored,
the cradles brought in by forklift and laid out, the boats hauled, stored over
the winter, the boats launched,
the masts stepped and cradles stored for $900 on a 30' boat.

It is self service for the mast unstepping / stepping and layout on the mast
racks, but there always
is lots of people to help.