  From: Tim Goodyear via CnC-List
  To: Della Barba, Joe ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 11:46 AM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List CP180 GPS

  I use an Edson arm (also costing more than your GPS) for a Garmin 5" plotter:

http://www.edsonmarine.com/marinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=87_100&products_id=430

  Tim
  Mojito
  C&C 35-3

  On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

    I just got a Standard-Horizon CP180 GPS/chartplotter/fishfinder/radar from
Fleabay for a good price. This is a 5 inch screen unit that is about 8”x5”. I
am in a bit of a quandary on where to mount it. On the bulkhead at the forward
end of the cockpit will make wiring easier and be fairly protected from the
weather. I usually am in the forward cockpit underway with the autopilot
remote. For tricky situations where I am at the helm I would love it to be
mounted on the binnacle, but I am not sure if I like the idea of it being so
exposed. Has anyone tried putting a navpod on a MK I? Does the MK I binnacle
guard have the standard 12” spacing or something else?

    I already have a PC plotter setup that I like, but that draws about 36
watts. This unit should be more like 6 watts and can support a radar if I want
to add the antenna. If I cable it right I can send waypoints back and forth
from the PC to the plotter. Only downside so far is I need a $170 chart chip
for a $140 plotter to get any decent level of detail L

    Joe Della Barba

    Coquina

    C&C 35 MK I