I used a roll of grey butyl "tape" from an RV store (along with the
original screws) to secure the aluminum portlight frames to the cabintop on
my 1976 33-1. Note these are old style portlights, not the newer frameless
acrylic(?) portlights that folks like to secure to the cabintop with
Sikaflex.. Any excess butyl was easily cleaned up with a razor blade.

Tip: Cool it down to make it less sticky when working with it. I used the
refrigerator but next time would try the freezer.

I love butyl. If I had dentures I'd keep some in my medicine cabinet.

Bob M
Ox 33-1
Jax, FL