Danny

So you put Spar Varnish on top of epoxy, I am wondering why?  Does it give a
better shine or is it more abraison resistant or something else?  The
polyurethane floor finish that I used on some oak flooring in my home has a
lasting shine and stands up to normal indoor/outdoor shoe traffic very
well.actually that part is the most heavily travlled flooring in the house

I took my old teak and holy cabin sole to bare wood with chemical paint
stripper and a scraper followed by a light sanding and solvent wash and
applied 1 coat of Sikkens marine cetol and that last 8 years very well and
it saw a lot of use. This past season before launch I stripped a few bad
spots that had developed near the nav station again with paint stripper,
then a light spot sanding, solvent wash and 1 coat of cetol on the bare
spots only and then a couple days later solvent washed the entire sole and
applied 1 coat of the Sikkens cetol on all of it , this time the same cetol
that I used on my cedar home (seems like just about the same stuff as the
marine cetol but again 1/3 the cost and besides I had left over from doing
my house.I am very pleased.not high gloss, sort of satin finish but all the
rest of the teak, and there is quite a lot of teak on a 35MKII is oiled, so
the satin finsih on the sole matches the bulkheads and other interior teak
quite well, not overly slippery and pretty darn good appearance for a cabin
sole that is now 40 years old.  Not that much work to do and not that much
work to maintain and not much cost either.can't imagine doing 8 coats!!!

Dwight Veinot

C&C 35MKII, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

  _____