I'm surprised no one mentioned the Caframo heaters..  Extremely well made
in Canada and specifically designed to protect your boat in the winter with
a 'No Freeze" setting designed to keep it just warm enough  / not burn too
much electricity.

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/caframo-true-north-deluxe-9206-120vac-high-performance-space-heater-600,-900,-1500-w.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAv7ajBRCIldS7rp7wzFkSJAAA1n4D9pIUgtZj9tzOh9P5Cd8HAJExeCiO79ReNByATCTCTxoCS3vw_wcB

At the higher settings (Combined with a fan or 2) it  keeps the cabin cozy
even when it dips down in the 30's at nite when we go in the winter.

It's a little pricier than the cheapo Walmart ceramic heaters but I feel
it's a safe bet.  Also, I have a strategically placed additional fan and
remove the engine cover (Located under the companionway steps) to make sure
the warm air circulates around the engine compartment as well. .

With that combined with the fact that the lake water temp stays in the 55 -
60 range degrees all winter it seems to work well for us.

Regards,

Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia