Bill,

My old Garmin Chart plotter does exactly that. The anchor alarm sets up a
radius from a point and sounds when you go outside it. Pretty sure most of
them have that feature.

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Bina
- gmail via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 9:51 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List OMG! We're dragging!

I've often wished for an anchor alarm app for my smart phone or GPS
chartplotter that would work like the range alarm on my RADAR where you set
a ring of a particular range, rather than just a directional distance, and
if you moved outside of that circle, the alarm would sound. Seems to me that
GPS makers have missed the boat on what would be a really great feature to
use as a sales pitch.

Bill Bina