On my 3QM30, I installed a remote oil filter. It is mounted on a bracket by
the v-drive. This also allowed me to install a remote oil pressure gauge
using standard SAE hardware. I have a small access plate in the cockpit for
adding oil. I also added a coolant overflow bottle in the Lazerette for
adding coolant. I also added a system with an electric fuel pump for
changing fuel filters without having to bleed the injectors. I can now
change the fuel filters in about 10 minutes, oil changes in 20 minutes both
from the companion way access hatch. Another addition was to install a
push/pull cable for compression release. To be used during starting. this
saves wear and tear on the starter and flywheel. The fittings for the cable
are already on the front (back) of the engine. I also use this for pumping
oil through the engine after an oil change or sitting a long time. The
cable comes out by the ignition switch. Now for starting I pull out the
cable T-handle, engage the starter wait 10 seconds (for oil to start
flowing) then push in the T-handle. starting ease has improved and I don't
get the grinding of starter that used to happen sometimes.

Doug
S/V Pegasus
Shilshole Bay Marina Seattle
svpegasu...@gmail.com