Hi Mike,

I'm not an expert on the 38-3 but you mentioned "Heavy weather Helm"  and
not  'Excessive Heel"   Another (Free) thing you might want to consider is
tuning your rig.  If you have excessive weather helm it could be an
indication that you simply have too much rake on our mast..  A (fairly)
simple stays adjustment moving the mast head forward a couple inches might
do the trick.

As for the 135 vs 150 (especially if you don't have a furler)   I'm with
Pierre,  Unless most of your sailing is in very light  winds over longer
distances , the incremental benefit of the increased sail area of the 150
is most likely offset by it's propensity to get tangled-up every time you
tack..  And that's true when racing too.  I was advised against to go 135
vs 155 by some very seasoned racers for the same reasons (+ you get some
PHRF points back for the smaller sail)

Good luck to you.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia

Mike,
I don't know what wind condition you have in SD, but I would say 135. This
is what I have on my furler and, if the shape is ok, should be good up to
20 kn. My #2 is very old and baggy and also give me a lot of weather helm.
I have a racing Kevlar?135 that is good up to 25 kn. 150 is a pain to tack
in light wind and is only good under 10 kn.
Pierre Tremblay
Avalanche #54988
C&C38-3 WK, hull #76
      De?: Mike Flannery via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 ??: "CnC-List@cnc-list.com" <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
 Envoy? le : mercredi 3 d?cembre 2014 19h41
 Objet?: Stus-List CnC 38-3 Sailing Characteristics

 I recently purchased a 38-3.? Now need to replace headsail.? Could use
some input on 110 vs 135 vs 150?use. I'm replacing a135? which rounded us
up or resulted in?heavy weather helm with small crew. I also singlehand a
lot so I'm trying to figure out what workd best for me San Diego sailing.?
Appreciate any info.
Mike Flannery602-849-3396