Burt,

I beilieve I need to replace* a jib masthead halyard sheave on my 33-1
since one halyard raises the 135 easily by hand while the other halyard
requires a hard grinding via a winch to reach full hoist. My boat is on the
hard with the mast stepped. So if you are visiting your boat, I would like
to see photos of the jib sheaves and if possible the dimensions of the
sheaves (diameter, width, and pin diameter). Knowing the sheave size would
enable me to have a replacement(s) ready if and when I drop or climb the
mast.

* The problem sheave is the one I've used for the furler for many years and
the bronze/brass bushing is probably worn and no longer round.

Rod Randow
C&C 33-1

bstratton wrote

I have a '74 33 3/4tonner. I believe our rigs are very similar if not
identical. I just had my mast un-stepped in order to haul the boat to my
property for some winter projects. The mast is stored at my marina. If you
like I can take some close up pics for you. I should be heading down to the
yard this weekend.

I have no experience in replacing the masthead sheaves but you might be able
to get a good idea of what is involved if you decide to go that route. My
main can be difficult to raise also but I chalked that up to my lack of
experience and extra hands. I found that feeding it into the track is a huge
help but again, extra hands would be helpful. I also learned the hard way to
move my running backs out of the way.

Burt
1974 33 3/4 tonner
Not named yet