My personal displeasure with Beneteaus begins with my personal beam.
Chartered a 32 and had tight squeezes into the aft cabin and head. Same
into the forward head on a chartered 43. No problem with my current C&C 34.

But as much as we love the C&C brand, they are/were subject to cost
generated construction shortcuts. Evidence the C&C 30 mast step failures.
Would $100 more in construction material have eliminated the failure
problem? Similarly, my C&C 27 Mk I had only the balsa sandwich core in the
deck below the mast step and between the compression post. There were
factory penetrations into the deck/balsa to secure the mast step. Solid
glass under the mast would have eliminated the possibility of core rot in
that critical location.

Ed
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans, La.