Burt,

I’m not sure what model C&C you have but the bolts on my 37’ are two sizes,
with the smaller one (keel bolt) directly under the mast. I’m fairly certain
that two different torque values may be called for. I haven’t even measured
them yet but tomorrow I start building a cradle/support in advance of lifting
the hull off of the keel (and removing the rudder) prior to moving the the hull
into the shed for painting. I won’t be tightening the keel until sometime next
late spring but would be interested in what you find when re-torqueing yours if
you drop the keel.

Jake Brodersen (C&C 35 MKIII) on the list has done this and he may be a good
source of info. I’ve seen the pictures of his keel and the forward bolt is
extremely long. Very, very long...

Good luck.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit <http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>
> On Jan 19, 2015, at 2:10 PM, Burt Stratton via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I know this subject has been discussed in great detail. Sorry for any
> duplication.
>
> I am in the process of procuring a three quarter drive torque wrench and
> sockets big enough to re-torque my keel bolts. Before I do this I just want
> to be sure that 350 foot-pounds is the correct adjustment. Also, all my keel
> bolts appear to be the same approximate size – very large. The nuts look like
> one and three quarter inch or larger. There is one, however forward of the
> mast step that is way smaller. Maybe three quarter inch. Not sure if that is
> a keel bolt. It doesn’t look like one. It almost looks like it could be a
> ground point but there are no bonding connections to it. It lines up over the
> forward most part of the keel right in the center of the bottom of the hull.

> at:
at: