From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 8:23 PM
To: CnClist
Subject: Re: Stus-List Furling the main

Burt,

Lazy jacks, Dutchman systems, etc. are all nice.  I've installed several Harken
Lazy Jack systems.

However, try this simple cost free solution.  This is what I do when single
handing.

Release the halyard and let the sail drop.  Put a couple sail ties around your
neck.  Stand on one side of the boom in the middle and throw the main to the
other side.  Then lean over the boom and roll the sail into itself.  Continue
until it's a compact roll.  Wrap a sail tie around the rolled/bundled sail
tying it to the boom.

Once you're anchored or docked, undo the roll and flake it nicely.

I heard this technique described as "pocketing the main".

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

mandeville, LA

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Burt Stratton via CnC-List