AZURA logs close to 1,000nm per season and when the boat is hauled in October, it does not need a bottom cleaning and/or pressure wash. The bottom looks pretty much the same as it did when given a light coat of 66 in the Spring. I have used 66 for 3 seasons now.....I dilute it about 10% to make rolling it on easier. I am usually applying antifouling paint around +10C and the little extra solvent makes rolling it on easier and it the paint seems to go farther. The boat could go back in the water this Spring with no attention to the bottom, however, it will get another diluted, light coat.

A few other club members have witnessed the effectiveness of 66 on my boat and have switched from whatever they were using. They all get it when they drive to the USA.

I asked the Binnacle here why they don't carry it......they said it too much trouble getting all the govt approvals because of the biocides in the 66.

I don't race AZURA so it really doesn't matter what's on its bottom as long as it is not mussels and barnacles and other similar marine growth.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.

On 2015-03-10 10:39 AM, mike amirault via CnC-List wrote:
I am in the same marina as Dwight Veniot and I did use Amercoat #4 for several years. As an antifouling agent it works very well but I found it to be too ablative for my boat which sails about 1000nm per season. After a power wash in the fall, the hull would be nearly bare. Since that time, I have switched to micron CSC which holds up much better and sometimes just needs a "brokers" touch up rather than a full coat each year. Therefore, I think any cost savings you will get with the Amercoat are offset by justing with CSC.