Maybe to save weight?

Seriously though, I too always have paper charts and try and keep a plot going
with GPS positions, hopefully every hour. Generational because I distinctly
remember losing GPS (very, very early days of GPS) on a delivery down through
the Bahamas. Nice to kinda know where we were.

Dave

Sent from my iPad