The AC and DC should be on completely separate panels and the AC panel and
wiring should have an enclosure to prevent inadvertent contact (per ABYC).  You
can always add a short length to the wire (on the DC side) so that you can
reach a terminal.  I am not endorsing what a PO may have done, but I am in the
process of straightening out all my wiring behind the panels and organizing
them so that future repairs and additions are simpler to make.  I have 26 DC
circuits on my hinged electrical panel with a few circuit breakers handling
multiple equipment (mostly cabin lights that are ganged together).

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days / Annapolis MD
1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats."  --Kenneth Grahame