Sounds like a couple big “ifs” out there, but assuming the cost and maintenance
headache is less for Stu, I’ll vote forum

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stu via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 4:32 PM
To: C&C Email List
Subject: Stus-List Email List or Forum

Recently, some of our subscribers have indicated that they would like to have a
“Forum” similar to “cruisersforum” or “sailnet” instead of an email list (like
this one).

PROS:

1. Eliminate the costs related to the email list

2. Follow a thread easier without having to read multiple emails.

3. Easier to find past, archived messages and threads.

4. Possible addition of public and private photo albums.

5. Easily moderated by more than one person.  Threads can be deleted and
undesirable subscribers blocked.

6. No more 20-30 emails a day.  Visit the site at your convenience and view the
latest topics since your last visit.

CONS:

1. Forum software runs from free to around $250 depending on additional
enhancements.

2. Might (???) require additional disk space and bandwidth on hosting site.
($$$$)

3. Installation – I’ve done it before and it does take some time.  And a bit
more time involved to get it tweeked to perfection.

Bottom line – would you rather have a FORUM or continue using this list?  It
does not matter to me.

Stu