This was my bible when I raced Jib and Main.

http://www.capecoralsailingclub.org/wing-it.pdf. Check your local PHRF
rules for use of whisker pole, e.g. in my area it is not illegal to fly on
same side as main.

Note the advice on reaching with a whisker pole. In light air you will
still need to sail higher and with the right length pole you can wing it to
90 degrees. If you sail courses with reaches this is a killer.

I had the Forespar 12-22 for my Catalina 30 no complaints but expensive. It
was a bit oversized for the boat but I never regretted it.

I now have a selden bowsprit and it has been good to me.

Eric
34/36