The 1.5 inch ID corrugated hose that runs from the bilge to a manual pump in
the cockpit seems to be leaking in air just where the corrugated hose connects
to an adaptor that screws into the hose with the threads of the corrugation and
then provides a male 1.5 inch end that fits inside the strainer.  Is there a
sealer that would make the threaded part into the hose less leaky?  I see the
new corrugated hoses on line have a built-in non-corrugated section every 12
inches, a much better solution, but then I would have to buy a new 15 ft length
of the hose.  Probably someone on this list also has dealt with these older
style connectors.  Any recommendation for making the connection tighter?  I
just screwed it on until it was tight and it still leaks.  The problem is that
it takes vigorous pumping from the cockpit to get the entire hose full of water
before it pumps very well.  Thanks!

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II