West has a few day sale on Garmin and Raymarine chartplotters with the new
hi res sonars.
I'm a newbie to most marine electronics. I have 20 year old Raymarine
instruments, and no plans to connect to charplotter. On Lake Superior, AIS
tells you where the freighters are, and GPS where the land is, and you
don't worry very much about running into another sailor out in the "lake" -
the one thing radar adds when its foggy..

Several friends got AIS and likely will not add radar..

I like to sail and mess with boats - but I prefer to leave the computer
programming stuff for work.

Any thoughts on the simplicity of adding an AIS receiver to the display on
a Raymarine Dragonfly 7, or to Garmin Echomap 74dv?

Thanks

Nate

Sarah Jean
1980 30-1