My sail-maintenance guy taught me a great trick with regard to the main (and
Genoa track). He gave me a  slide for the track which I tie to the main halyard
and to a recovery line and then wrap with lint free cloth - tied in place. I
then soak the lint free cloth with Mclube and run it up and down the track.
Cleans and lubes the track. My main drops by itself - and can be jumped at the
mast very easily!!

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III