>…2 bladed prop is really that inefficient or my pitch should be changed.<

My experience on OPB (other people’s boats) with 2 bladed MAX props is they are
not inefficient.  Calypso has a 3 blade mostly to reduce vibration.  If I had
to replace the prop I would buy a 2 blade MAX prop.

> Above that rpm, there is not much of a noticeable change in speed, just
> noise.<

Does this indicate you can throttle up to max engine rpm easily?  If so I would
take that as an indication the pitch should be increased.

Last time I changed the pitch on Calypso’s 3 blade it seemed I could move in
+-10% change increments.  Do you have a local boat yard that would give you a
deal on a quick haul out, hang in the slings to change the pitch, the re-launch
to test?  I have read of people changing the pitch in the water but I would not
attempt it myself.  Maybe a pro dive service has the chops and spare parts to
pull it off in shallow water clear enough to find the important piece that
dropped to the bottom.

Martin DeYoung
Calypso
1971 C&C 43