What Jake said. I dropped my keel after worrying about it with 15+ years of
“keel smile”. Although our boat is like Jake’s model and having the full keel,
there was virtually no problem with the keel bolts. The forward one had a small
amount of pitting and the rest of them were like new.

I suspect that there will be no “surprises” with yours.

Scroll down through my blog entry and you will see some photos of my keel bolts
when I dropped it last year which should reassure you.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit <http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>

P.S.    Along those lines, the latest issue of Professional Boatbuilder has a
nice article on Mars Keels written by Rob Mazza, formerly of C&C.